Sunday, May 28, 2006

Pre-Surgery Check

Went back to my mastectomy surgeon to have the dressing on my skin lesion changed before my surgery tomorrow. We noticed the drain had dried up -- the tube was empty and dry. The doctor said to just leave the drain in place until my surgery tomorrow to avoid any risk of infection. He said he’d write a note to my new surgeon to give him background on my condition before the surgery.

Had a “bleeding time” test done. They prick your ear with a tiny sharp knife and see how long it takes for the bleeding to stop. The result was normal -- 1.5 minutes. So that’s more evidence that there’s nothing wrong with my blood-clotting mechanism and it’s not a systemic problem but a local problem that can be fixed with surgery. Good to know, since I’m going under the knife tomorrow!

No comments: