Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Go Forth and Blog

This Blog has turned out to be a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. I just ran into an old friend whom I hadn’t talked to in a year, but she’d been checking my Blog and knew what’s been happening with me.

I think everyone should keep a Blog. That way, if your family or friends ever want to see what you’ve been doing, they have a Web site to go to, to find out about your lives.

One of the best e-mails I’ve gotten lately was a step-by-step account from my sister of how she spent her day – eating breakfast, feeding the dog and cats, going to work, making dinner, etc. It may seem boring to her, but it made me feel like I was with her going through her daily life. I loved it. It’s the little things that color in the outlines of our lives, after all.

I don’t think we should wait for Christmas or for someone to get married, give birth, move to a new country, or even die to get in touch with people.

So I encourage all of you to go set up your own Blog. Google “blog”, and you’ll see dozens of sites where you can set up your own personal Blog for free.

I’m a real Luddite when it comes to computers, but I’ve become a big Blog believer. Say that five times really fast, then go set up your own Blog. And send me your new Blog address!

No comments: