Monday, May 29, 2006

Surgery Number Two

Checked into the hospital at 6:30 a.m. for my 8:30 operation. Was back in my hospital room by 10:30 a.m. Chest is completely flat now - no more pockets of blood. Never thought I’d be so happy to have a flat chest! There’s very little blood in the drains -- about a tablespoonful on the right side and none at all on the left. I feel no pain, except my throat, which feels a bit sore. The nurse said that’s due to the anesthesia down my throat (Did she mean a tube?) during the operation.

I have feeling back in my right inner arm and armpit area. That area had gone a bit numb before, probably due to the fluid build-up and tension on the skin as a result. The surgeon came to see me after the operation and said everything went well. He cut open the old mastectomy scars and scraped out the blood clots. He said I can be discharged tomorrow. Yay.

No comments: