Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Life-saving Knowledge

Since my diagnosis, a number of friends have told me they’ve gone for mammograms, breast ultrasounds, and other screening tests because I’ve raised their awareness of breast cancer risk. A few have found lumps in their breasts and are being closely monitored.

It does my heart good to hear that my friends are more aware and taking better care of themselves than I did. It means the world to me that my having cancer is doing some good to other people I know.

If I had known then what I know now about breast cancer, I would have caught my cancer much earlier and I'd have a much better chance of survival. What a shame I knew so little back then. And what a shame that a person's life or death could come down to a little bit of knowledge.

1 comment:

margaretaguirre said...

Just had my regular mammo 2 weeks ago. I love you, Shin. You're my hero.
Can't wait to see you in May!!!

love,
m